How to update the firmware of the Amped Wireless Router
The firmware of the router needs to be updated. The firmware update makes sure that the router stays compatible with the latest media technology that is coming out almost every day. The firmware should be updated for the router to be able to connect to new media devices out in the market. Also, security is one of the main concerns of the firmware update as the firmware update keeps the security on the router also up to date. If the router’s firmware is out of date, the router will be vulnerable to potential threats. The firmware update also removes any previously faced issues with the router, removes any bugs and provides overall speed boosts to the router. Here are the steps to update the firmware of the Amped Wireless router:
To update the firmware using the Smart Setup Wizard:
- Got to the download page of the Smart Setup Wizard to see if there is any firmware update available.
- If there is a firmware update available, then you can download it and follow the instructions that come with it to install the firmware update.
To update the firmware manually:
- Download the firmware update from www.ampedwireless.com/support website and save it to a desired location.
- Go to the login page of the router using www.setup.ampedwireless.com website and enter the default information to login to the router.
- Go to the firmware update tab. Click on Browse to search for the previously downloaded file and locate it.
- Click Upload to begin the update process.
The firmware usually takes about a couple of minutes to download and install the update. It is advised that the firmware update isn’t interrupted anyhow as it may corrupt the router and may even render it useless. Once the firmware is updated, the router will reboot itself. Once the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using the router and configure it as they desire.
Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) answered:
- What is the default IP address for my Amped Wireless router?
The default IP address for most of the Amped Wireless routers is 192.168.1.240.
- How do I login to my Amped Wireless router?
You can login to your Amped Wireless router using www.setup.ampedwireless.com web domain name.
- What is the default information of the router?
The default username and password for most of the Amped Wireless routers is “admin”.
- What is Parental Control feature?
The Parental Control feature allows the user to limit internet access or restrict certain websites or inappropriate content on the network of the user.
- What should be the color of the power light on the router?
The color of the power light on routers should be either green or white for the newer models.
- What will happen if I reset my router?
The personalized settings of the router will get reset too if you chose to reset the router.
- What is Guest Network?
The Guest Network feature allows the user to make different networks so that the user can share these guests network with any guests but not their main network and its shared contents.
- Why should I update the firmware of the router?
The firmware of the router should be updated in order for the router to stay up to date with the latest media devices and to keep the security up to date as well.
- Can I keep my router on for as long as you like?
Yes, you can keep your router on for as long as you like.
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
You can reset the router to restore it back to its factory default settings. You can login to the router using the default login information of the router.