Amped Wireless is one of the most innovative networking hardware products providing company in the market. They provide the highest quality, reliable networking hardware technology to their users so that the users can experience a smooth and satisfying experience. Amped Wireless specializes in providing long range products for home owners and small businesses. Their routers have a lot of advanced features which the user can only access after logging in to the router. The amped wireless routers have to be logged in before they can access the advanced features of the routers. The user can simply log in using www.setup.ampedwireless.com or amped wireless setup in the address bar of any internet browser on a device. The user just has to make sure that the device is connected to the same router that the user is trying to setup. After logging in, the user will be asked for a username and password. If the user is accessing the Smart Setup Wizard for the first time, then the user will not be prompted for the username and password. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “admin” for most of the Amped Wireless Routers.
This has made it really easy for the users to login and access the advanced features of the router. Many people didn’t know the default IP address for their routers so they never logged in either. Some people find it hard to remember the default IP address and some don’t know where to find it. So, Amped Wireless came up with a solution. They now ship their routers preconfigured to use www.setup.ampedwireless.com in place of the default IP addresses specific to the routers. The router recognizes the domain name and translates it to the default IP address of the router and reroutes the user to the login page of the router. It is recommended that the user goes through the initial setup before using their router. The user should setup a new username and password after the initial setup so that not just anybody can access their router without their permission. The user then can go on to personalize their network as they please.
The user can access the advanced features of the router such as the Guest Network feature, the Parental Control, to change the username and password of the router, to check the status of the internet and wireless network and more importantly, to check the firmware update of the router. The firmware needs to be updated regularly in order for the router to stay up to date with the latest technology. There are new media devices coming out almost every day. In order for the router to be able to connect to the new media devices, the firmware on the router needs to be up to date. The user can check or update the firmware of the router by logging in to the router.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the router, to change the username and password, to reset the router and to update the firmware of the router using the Smart Setup Wizard.
How to setup and login to the Amped Wireless Router
- Turn off your modem, your router and the device that you are using to setup the Amped Wireless setup.
- Connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Now, connect the computer or laptop to any of the internet ports of the Amped Wireless router. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Turn all the devices on and wait for them to finish booting up.
- Now, using the device that is connected to the router, open up any internet browser of your choice.
- Type www.setup.ampedwireless.com or amped wireless setup in the address bar of web browser and press enter. You will be prompted to enter the default username and password in the pop up login window.
- The default username and password is “admin” for both cases for most of the routers.
- The Smart Setup Wizard will now appear. The Smart Setup Wizard will then guide you through all the settings using step by step processes. The user will have setup and logged in to the router. The user can now go on to configure their Internet connection, their Wireless connection, Wireless Security Settings, overall summary as well as maintain and repair their network.
How to Reset the Amped Wireless Router
The router will have to be reset if the user forgets or loses the password of the router or if the user cannot access the router for some reason. Here are the steps to reset the router:
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router.
- Press and hold the Reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the reset button after holding it for ten seconds. The LED lights will start blinking together.
After the lights become solid, the router will have reset back to its factory default settings. Now, the user can login using the default information of the router again.
How to change the username and password of the Amped Wireless router
The user should change the default username and password for the router as anyone can login to the router using the same information. The user can change the username and password for the router after logging in to the router. Here are the steps:
- Open any internet browser on a device that is connected to the router.
- Type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar of the browser and press enter.
- You will be prompted to enter the default information of the router. Type in the default username and password. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “admin”. The username and password are case sensitive.
- The Smart Setup Wizard will appear. Go to the Wi-Fi Settings.
- Here, you will see the Wireless Network ID (SSID) field. The user can change the username of the router here. Make sure that you do not type in any private information in the username as it is visible to other users as well.
- In the Wireless Security Settings tab, the user can change the password for the router. Just type in the desired password for the router. Make sure that the password is hard for other people to guess.
- After you have changed the settings on the router, click NEXT to save the settings.
The user can now connect to the router using the new username and password for the router. The user can connect any other device using the new information in the device.